Thursday, December 18, 2008

Multiple Bles8ings!


The things you do for your kids!! I stood in line tonite from 4:50 pm until a little after 7 pm (I had taken 3 Ibuprofen before I left home...LOL!!) for signatures from Kate Gosselin of the famed Jon & Kate Plus 8 television show. She was at Hackman's, our local Christian book store for a book signing. My friend Nancy and her daughter Rachel were with me for the big event. We decided to get there at 4:30 just to be sure we got a parking spot; well, I got there about 4:40 pm and their parking lot was already full, we had to park at a realty office across the street! Supposedly some people showed up at 2 pm already to get in line! By the time I got my place in line, I guessed there were already 75-100 people in front of me!!

The time actually went faster than what I expected it would; Nancy and I talked about lots of stuff and in between, the women around us would join in on various topics. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to stay vertical for that long, but it really wasn't as bad as what I figured it would be! I think all of us got a little discouraged when we learned at 6:30 that she hadn't even arrived yet!!

Fortunately, she showed up about 6:45 and we were actually done and out the door by 7:10! We guess-timated there were probably about 500-700 people there, plus when we left, the parking lot was FULL of people standing there. There was a crowd of people standing outside at the two windows by where she was seated; they had their phone cameras and digital cameras trying to take pics through the window! It was funny to see all these faces peering into the window!!

The whole thing was very anti-climactic though....they rushed you through the book signing, there really was no opportunity to talk to her at all, forget any photo ops and they shooshed you out as soon as you were done. She signed two books for me (one for Martha and one for Sarah, Alyssa's roommate) and one DVD (for Alyssa).

Line towards the back of the store

Line towards the front of the store

Me at my spot for over two hours

I had plenty of reading material at my home away from home :)

Nancy and Rachel

Another shot of Kate






5 comments:

Jamie said...

ever notice that alot of the creative and/or successful and/or interesting people are lefties?

Anonymous said...

my dad's a lefty...=)

Jamie said...

i think i knew that...so are most people in hollywood

Jamie said...

and jonathan plays most sports lefty...wonder if that counts? =)

Sue said...

Chuck and I are lefty's, but our kids are righty's. I really can't do a whole lot with my right hand, where Chuck can use his right and left hand for almost anything.