Sunday, December 07, 2008

Adeste Fideles

Our bell choir was asked to perform at a Lutheran Church in Bethlehem today for their Christmas celebration. We played quite a few songs....O Come All Ye Faithful, Away in a Manger, Silent Night, Infant Holy Infant Lowly, O Little Town of Bethlehem, I Was There To Hear Your Borning Cry, Our God is an Awesome God, As the Deer and finally, Beautiful Savior. As is our custom, we practice prior to any performances we have. And as is our custom, we do terribly at that practice...LOL!! Today was no different! The fortunate thing, however, is that when we do sooo bad at the practice beforehand, we somehow manage to pull it out for the performance and do a stellar job!! We were all a nervous wreck today after we were done practicing with how poorly we did....but you would have never known it when we did the real thing! We actually sounded OK good!!

Alyssa used to be my buddy on my left side when she was on the choir before she so rudely left to go to college; you'll see who my buddy is now on my left side!!! I'm gonna miss her in a few months when she takes a BRIEF sabbatical (got that, Jamie?!?!! brief.....).

I had hoped to have someone take a video or two of our music using my camera, but I didn't want to push it with the gentleman taking the pics for me; it was enough that he needed to figure out how to use the camera for pics, let alone learn how to use it as a video recorder!



4 comments:

Jamie said...

yay us!!! we did a terrific job (thank goodness!)!!! it really is beautiful to hear us all come together and play...

sajmom said...

Cute background. I see you updated your profile as well. Does that mean you aren't scared about your son's driving anymore?

Anonymous said...

btw where does the name adeste fideles come from?

Michele said...

It's actually Spanish for 'O Come All Ye Faithful' dear. Beyond that, I don't know. Was just trying to come up with a catchy title.

And I don't think I'll ever get over being nervous when either of my kids are driving. Adam has a fair amount of experience (as much as one can have when one is 17!!) with driving his four wheeler, dirt bike and motorcycle, so I actually feel a bit more comfortable with him behind the wheel then I did with Alyssa when she first started out.