Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Doggie Dilemma

I'm getting desperate! I have no clue what possessed me to drive around the Lehigh Valley taste testing the doggies at the local hot dog joints....but I did! I judged them on appearance, taste and price. There was a clear winner in my mind. The finalists include:

Pott's Hot Dog
$1.24 for a hot dog with everything

Jimmy's Hot Dog
$0.90 for a hot dog with everything

Yocco's Hot Dog
$1.24 for a hot dog with everything

Like some people have cravings during their pregnancies (some people yearn for hoagies, etc), I seem to be going through a hot dog craving. (And no, I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!) Whatever the reason is, I clearly was able to choose a doggie that won on all three accounts....taste, appearance and price:

JIMMY'S

12 comments:

sajmom said...

The winner looks like it would be very difficult to eat.
That's sweet-you are having sympathy cravings!! (I craved meat and hoagies, meal-type stuff with only Jacob)
Wouldn't it be fun to have a later-in-life-baby?!!

Michele said...

NO!

Michele said...

(But that's my personal opinion...LOL!)

Anonymous said...

sorry but i'd definitely have to say potts' wins....the yocco's one looks like a turd.

Sue said...

I would say Jimmies wins hands down. Potts' looks like is is bare and Yocco's looks killed, while Jimmies has a little finesse to it with the pickle. Plus, you can beat the 99 cents for a doggie, can you.

When Jimmies was on the Jersey side my mom would take my brother and I over there to get a hot dog. I would be so scared the car would go in the river because Jimmies was located where the guard shack is on the Jersey side of the Delaware River, in Phillipsburg, NJ. All there was was this little white fence protecting us from plummeting in the Delaware River.

Anonymous said...

i like the simplicity of potts', and i love getting it with cheese on...so yummy! i need to get some when i'm home...although i don't think i've ever had jimmy's. but yocco's are yucky (i have had them).

Jamie said...

steph, did you say HOAGIES!?!?!?!?!

i recently went through a major hoagie phase...michele helped me out with that one at lunchtime at work...i think she figured getting me a hoagie was better than hearing me complain about not having one!! =)

Anonymous said...

Wow interesting-I'm a vegetarian though so I'll pass the info to Ray

Michele said...

Sue, I remember going to the little white shack on the Jersey side of the river when I was a very little girl...probably 4 or 5...to get hot dogs from Jimmy's. I would eat three or four at a time! Wonder how much they cost back then?!?!?

Jamie said...

why did you label this post "cats?"

Michele said...

Closest label I had....dog...cats...get it?!?! Huh? Huh?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

haha...i just noticed the cat label bc i was looking for macy pictures and saw this and was confused. then i thought, no, it's probably mom's warped sense of humor. and i was right.