Monday, March 24, 2008

V-Dub

So you remember the story that Adam had poked a hole in something in his car which prevented him from being able to have the car inspected? Well, he and Kurt fixed it and finally took the car to get it inspected last Thursday and IT PASSED!!! He's in seventh heaven! On Sunday, we had to visit the relatives in Fogelsville, so he could drive his VW down to show his Uncle Chris! He and Kurt drove in his car and Mom and I drove with Alyssa in her car. Before we even got out of the driveway, he had to stop and readjust something under the hood. Then by the time we got to the end of our road, he stopped with the four ways flashing (I guess I was impressed they even worked....LOL!!). At this point, I assumed we were gonna have to tow the car back home, but it turned out he needed to clean the windshield, cuz he couldn't see!!

He goes for his driver's test next Wednesday, April 2nd. He's hardly done any parallel parking. About three weeks ago, we were meeting Kurt for dinner one evening, and we stopped at one of the local schools that Alyssa and I spent many, many, many hours at practicing parallel parking. Ironically we were in the (huge) trailblazer and after missing the first time, he successfully parked it three times in a row! If he can park that monster, I can't imagine that little tiny VW is gonna be a problem...LOL!!!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Michele, my hubby Chuck bought me a reddish orange VW bug for my first car. It was 3 speed automatic. I loved that car! It was awesome in the snow. Then he blew the engine and that was it for my bug.

Congrats Adam, and I hope you pass your test. That date is my son Bill's 35th birthday.

Jamie said...

that bug is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! he should get some crazy paint job!

Michele said...

Yeah, well, I think he wants to paint it FLAT black.....yuck!

Anonymous said...

he told me he wants to paint it the color of dad's car or something like it, not black....i suggested pink or purple but he replied that he'd get made fun of...but i mean, those colors would just MAKE the car.

Michele said...

Isn't dad's car black?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

no the austin healey