Thursday, March 27, 2008

Breakfast For Supper

(Very much disliked by Kurt)

I have two containers of ham left from Easter dinner which need to be eaten. Instead of just eating plain ham, I decided to make one of my favorite dishes. It's just potatoes, ham, onions and eggs fried together. It doesn't take much preparation, and it's quick and easy. I boiled the potatoes the night before, so when I got home from work last night all I needed to do was fry the potatoes, ham and onions in a frying pan with some oil and butter, added some seasoning and threw in the eggs at the last minute and just mixed it all together.

There was just one small glitch...I swore I had more eggs. I opened the carton and there sat two lonely eggs! I had to ask Kurt to run out and get me a dozen eggs at the little market in the middle of town.

For 'dessert' I made a can of those Pillsbury cinnamon buns. Kurt was a good sport and ate breakfast for supper without any complaints. I probably shouldn't try doing anything like this again for a while though!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

oh man...those cinnamon buns look sooooooooooooo yummy!!!

sajmom said...

I think I was a teenager before I realized that pancakes weren't actually supposed to be a super food. We just had thenm for supper a lot because they were cheap. My husband likes to eat breakfast at all times of the day too (lucky for me).

Anonymous said...

I love breakfast for dinner!