Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On Friends and Sweetness

It's been a bit rough at work the past week or so. One of the girls that works with us in the 'clinical' area had a baby on Easter day. That leaves three of us to do the work of four. We've all been having some rough days that have been very busy. Today was one of those days for me. I failed to bring lunch with me (thinking I would have the opportunity to run out and pick something up...) and as one o'clock rolled around and I was about two hours behind in everything and had two piles of charts to get through, I knew that the option of running out to pick something up was out of the question.

About ten minutes past one, a little voice behind me (Jamie) asked me if I was gonna go out to get my lunch. I informed her that, nope, it wasn't gonna happen. This was about twenty minutes after she had heard my belly let out this long, noisy grumble...LOL! Next thing she's offering me her apple...or her banana....or her mandarin oranges. Very thankful for her offer, I declined saying I didn't want to eat all her food.

I continued trying to get myself caught up and next thing there's a plate being set on my desk. It's a combination of an apple, banana and mandarin oranges on a paper plate cup up into a fruit salad!

Thanks, friend!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

anytime!!

(although i HAD to feed you, otherwise i would have had to listen to your belly growl at me!! hehe)

Anonymous said...

is that first photo hippa compliant?...ha