Saturday, March 29, 2008

Lasagna!


I got the hankering for lasagna today, although I didn't start making it until almost 5 pm. I needed to make spaghetti sauce and when I make that, I make a huge pot, so I have leftovers to freeze. Til I got home from the grocery store, made the sauce (almost burned the ground beef cuz I was on the phone....thanks loads Martha!), and put the lasagna together, I didn't get it into the oven til almost 6:15! But that's Ok, because Kurt and Adam left at 5:30 to go get some truck part at Pep Boys, so I figure it's not gonna matter if we don't eat til close to 8 pm!

I had enough supplies to make one big pan for us and two smaller ones...one for Kurt next weekend when he's alone for the weekend, and one for a local invalid I'm related to and her hubbie....

I found these in the refrigerated section at Wegman's and was anxious to try them. It does suggest that they be cooked ahead of time, but only for four minutes. I stopped cooking my lasagna noodles ahead of time years ago, so we'll see how these turn out, because I didn't cook these either.

I only needed three sheets for each layer in the big dish, and the smaller disposable pans took one that I actually needed to trim down about a 1/4 inch.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, that looks really good. I love lasagna but I never make it cause I'm the only one that eats it, boo hoo!

Is that a lasagna noodle in your hand?

Jamie said...

lol sue...you need to just cook whatever you want and let the guy fend for himself! =)

ADP said...

Boy would my husband love it if I made lasagna (I've only tried to make it once the whole time we're married). It did look good.