Friday, August 17, 2007

Misc.


*We brought Alyssa home on Wednesday evening. The majority of her stuff is stored in our nephew's garage in State College (Thanks, Matt and Karlyn!). It's already Friday; we take her back in a week...it's going way too fast! Those are her new school sneakers (pink, you'll note!).


*I believe she couldn't wait to be rid of her roommate. She has been very tolerant during the past six weeks, but I think it just got to be too much. She even wrote a paper about how NOT to be a good roommate (and got an A on it, I might mention!!) See excerpt....
Day 1: When you first find out who your new roommate is, do not talk on the phone, only speak via the internet. If you do so, your roommate will not be able to hear the tone of your voice, and therefore will not be able to tell what exactly you mean when you say something. When I first instant messaged my roommate, we were both very excited to get to know each other, so we put on facades that showed how nice and excited we were. I could not see her true colors through the computer screen.

*Frodo has a buddy:



*Macy got a new present, too...the sneaker box:


*My favorite author has a new book out! I was surprised to see one so soon. It's usually a couple of years in between his books; this one seems to have come out sooner than that.

*Today is Kurt's parents 60th wedding anniversary. That's a long time to be married! Congratulations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on Robin Cook's new book-I MUST get it!

The excerpt was poetic justice-so sad things went so poorly, but glad she had a writing "outlet" and got an "A to boot! Alyssa will start another semester on a better and brighter note for sure!