Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Day of School

Adam was fairly excited about the first day of school; part of the renovations are done and some of the classes have moved into the new building. The bus was fifteen minutes late-not a great start; it's even worse considering we are one of the first stops! It should be interesting as no one got their schedules this year prior to the first day. I'm not sure what that was all about; I'm guessing it's gonna be sheer chaos today! It's quite common for schedules to be messed up with kids having to meet with a guidance counselor prior to the start of the year to get them straightened out. I'll be anxious to hear how the day went when he gets home. I think I'll take him to Olive Garden tonite to celebrate the start of the new year (sorry, Alyssa...it's the price you pay for deciding to go to college)!

In absentia...

Oh, and p.s...I tried, via long distance, to plan a surprise birthday party for Alyssa yesterday for her 18th birthday. I was totally disappointed, when as of 9:30 p.m. nothing had happened! Apparently they did it at 10! I'll be anxious to talk to Alyssa later today to get details. Sounds like it didn't happen quite like I anticipated, but I'll wait to hear from her before I pass judgement!! I'll post more later...

And double p.s...I didn't know my washing machine and dryer worked this early in the morning! I put the towels in at 6 and they're now drying at 7! For any of you who know me, this is NOT my prime time!! Unfortunately, Kurt is in Denmark, so it was up to me to get Adam up....and now that he's sleeping downstairs (that's another story for another time...I gotta take a nap!!), I had to really get up, since we're two floors away now!


G'nite!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the first day was a good one!

Anonymous said...

That second picture is really dumb. You should get rid of it...maybe i'll log on to it and get rid of it. *sticks tongue out*

Jamie said...

oh snap!! LOL alyssa!!