Thursday, June 07, 2007

Bittersweet

Today was my last day to help at the elementary school that I have helped at for thirteen years. I'm really trying to do myself in here....it's not enough that I am having to deal with losing Alyssa, but I pick this year to quit at school. Such an idiot I am....LOL! It was so tough going around to each of the teachers that I have come to know so well over the course of thirteen years and say goodbye to them. Unfortunately, I don't expect that there will be opportunities to see them out of school. Below is a picture of Katy and me....

3 comments:

ADP said...

Did you volunteer there Michele?

Michele said...

Yes, I helped all the fourth grade teachers once a week....cutting, stapling, collating, correcting, recording, etc. I know they really appreciated everything I did for them!

ADP said...

Oh yes they do. I volunteered when Steph & Laura were in grade school. It was a great experience for me & my kids. But I didn't do it as long as you. It must be sad to be leaving after so many years....the good news is if you find you really miss being there you can change your mind and volunteer some more :, Alanna