Friday, April 14, 2006

Success!!


I am proud to announce that Alyssa passed her driver's test earlier today! Many of you know it was her second attempt at it. Two weeks ago when we were there, she bumped the curb as she was parallel parking, which was a no-no! We spent another two weeks working at perfecting the art of parallel parking. Today she did fine! We were both a nervous wreck ahead of time....although, I don't think either of us wanted to admit it!

Looking back on it, that was the easy part (the six months of driving time and taking the test). Now we just have to worry about every time she is going somewhere....to dance, to school, to church, etc. We were home an hour today before she needed to drive to Nazareth. It was really tough for me to let her pull out of the driveway all by herself. A few tears streamed down my face as I watched her car go around the bend...

I guess it's time to face the fact that my little baby is growing up and this is only the beginning....

And soon it'll be Adam's turn.....ohhhhh, my nerves.....LOL!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

congrats alyssa!!! maybe you can come babysit some time for some extra gas money lol

(i love the "my nerves" reference michele!)

Anonymous said...

Oh great! Now you made me cry. Matt turns 16 tomorrow, but he told me months ago he has no time to go for his permit. I agreed and made his physical for June 19. Then he'll go for the permit.

What happened to our babies? Where did 16 years go?