Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Lancaster purchases

Here are pictures of my purchases from yesterday. The pillows look great on my sofa. The best find was the Amish limited edition figurine. I have six other figurines that I have collected over the years. They stopped making them about five years ago...and you can't find them anywhere. Yesterday, as we were standing at the register, and I was paying for the pillows, I looked up and there on a shelf was this figurine. I felt as though I had won the lottery!! I was a little afraid that I might have to fight Miget for it; she has a few pieces as well and loves the collection almost as much as I do. The mennonite girl who was checking us out proceeded to tell me that she was sure they had more figurines. It was my lucky day! They did indeed have one additional one, but I held back and only bought one! Each one is a limited edition; several of them have a quilt block as a back-drop, as this one has.

If I go back to this same quilt shop the next time I am in Lancaster, and if that other figurine is still there, that'll surely mean I was meant to have it, and then I'll have to buy it....LOL!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

i LOVE the pillows!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!