Thursday, April 13, 2006

Grrrrr.....


I just saw the end of a story on the local news that just one month ago a gallon of gas was $2.28. Today the average for a gallon of gas is $2.66. What's that all about?!?!?!? This is ridiculous! I also heard they anticipate gas to be up to $3/gallon by summer. Today in our travels we saw anything from $2.65 to $2.75 per gallon. I never thought I would say this, but I almost regret driving a gas guzzler Trailblazer! It gets a whopping 14-15 miles/gallon. Fortunately, when Alyssa and I go anywhere together, she drives her car, which is a 24-25 miles/gallon Malibu. Today we went from Northampton to Allentown to Bethlehem, back to Northampton, and finally up to Snydersville...we put on close to 100 miles!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

imagine how much commuters are suffering (airlines too)...ah well, maybe public transportation will be used more and in turn will help our pollution problems...remember my post on asthma problems in philly?...i'd use it but i only drive like 10 miles a day :-) although i guess buses have to pay for gas too so maybe the cost of using one has gone up! what a vicous cycle!!!! lets move to antartica. i dont think peanuts can survive there either.