Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I Know it's Silly, But....


This drives me nuts!! Today as I was driving to work, I came across some road work on one of the 2 lane highways that I take to get to work. There were the warning signs that there was road work and a flagman ahead....that's fine. I get to the flagman, who is holding his sign with the word STOP on side and SLOW on the other side. The traffic is coming from the opposite direction, thus I am stopped....that's fine. Soon all the traffic has passed from the other direction, and the flag man has turned his sign from STOP to SLOW and motions for me to go...that's fine, too.

Here's where I go nuts:

There's big equipment in the right lane where I would have normally been driving...there's a big hole in the road where I would have normally been driving...there's all kinds of men in the lane where I would have normally been driving....you get the point! What does the flag man do as he's turning his little sign to SLOW??? He motions me to go in the other lane! NO....really????? I can't stay in my own lane?!?!?!? There's only equipment, holes, workers in that lane....what do they think we are IDIOTS???? OF COURSE, WE HAVE TO MOVE OVER INTO THE OTHER LANE!

Whew....I feel better already, now that I have gotten that off my chest...LOL!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

LOL i'd like to know why it is usually women holding the signs!!! THAT drives ME nuts!!

Anonymous said...

You're right why do the women always hold the signs & how come they never tie their LONG hair (yes it's usually long) back isn't that a safety hazzard??

Jamie said...

http://www.thehumorarchives.com/humor/0001456.html