Thursday, March 12, 2009

Yummy Pasties!

I have had the ingredients for these home-made pasties for about a month now, but just never found the time to make them. With Alyssa home this week, we decided to make the time to do it today. I generally buy pasties, but Jamie's been telling me about her mom's home-made ones and I decided I needed to try to make them. As you can see in the pic, I did kind of cheat by buying the pre-made pie dough. Jamie and her mom make the dough....I don't do dough...LOL!!!

They were quite tasty, although a bit on the huge side!! I only ate half of mine, I figure I'll take the other half in to work tomorrow for my lunch. We made six, and have one left over (Richard was here to eat with us). Other than cutting everything up ahead of time, they really weren't all that difficult to make. We had to dice potatoes, onions and meat. I used two london broils; one thing that worked out well was that I had the meat frozen and just took it out of the freezer this am. It was still partially frozen when I cut it up, which made it much easier to slice through the meat.






4 comments:

ADP said...

Wow they look really good Michelle. I've thought of making some of those too. I found an old recipe in a craft book of all places but you need gravy. Did you use some gravy in these? I think making these would be a real nice meal for my husband when I am not home to make him a home made one, also for Claire.

Michele said...

Well, I have always used ketchup on my pasties, but the kids have taken to liking gravy on top of them. I like them either way actually. I do prefer something 'wet' on them though, for sure!

Jamie said...

glad they came out good! they look way prettier than mine!!!

jsyk, the REAL pasties have rheutebega (major spelling error, firefox won't even fix it!) and carrots and the fins would be appalled to see gravy OR ketchup on a pastie!

ADP said...

I forgot to check back to see if you replied Michelle. Ketchup? Yuck!!! lol. Oh well, I think I'd much prefer the gravy.

p.s. Your other food that you made looks really good.