Thursday, March 05, 2009

Mmmm Good!


Thanks to Chris and Steph for the Amish Friendship Bread batter. I had batter about a year ago and made two loaves of bread that were totally different than these two I made tonight. Those loaves had cinnamon and chocolate chips in them. The recipe I used tonight did call for cinnamon, and raisins were optional. I didn't have any raisins, but did have craisins (dried cranberries), which I thought would add an interesting twist to the bread. I didn't think cinnamon and cranberries would go well together, so I decided to skip the cinnamon. It turned out really, really good. Adam and his buddy Richard each had a slice and liked it, too.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

the bread looks yummy but is that the batter in the ziploc baggie? that stuff creeps me out!

Anonymous said...

I love this bread! I've tried different things too with it-some successful, others NOT! Austin & Timmy love seeing the bag expand so once I even turned it into a science lesson! :)

Lauren said...

One word: YUM.