Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Best Laid Plans

Jamie and Josslyn were supposed to come visit today and help me make a huge stockpot of soup to take to church tonite for our Wednesday evening Lenten supper, but since Josslyn was being a little on the gretzy, not so happy, side, Jamie decided it was probably best just to sit tight at home. That left me with a nice big container of yummy egg salad that I had gotten yesterday at Wegman's for us for lunch. On a whim, half joking, I called my sister-in-law, Martha (you know her, the one married to Fernando??) and asked her if she wanted to come for lunch. Now mind you, it was already noon when I called. A friend of hers had just arrived and they had planned on going through Arby's drive thru for lunch. Well, instead, they went through my drive-thru...LOL! We had a lovely, totally unplanned, visit. (And Jamie, jsyk, you owe me a visit!! I'll get us more egg salad!)


This is a picture of Adam's traffic light that he made for his honors Physics project. The two little blocks in the middle are the actual traffic lights, when he gets to school tomorrow, he plans on coloring in the red, yellow and green using Sharpies. In addition to the light he designed, he needs to hand in calculations used to design the project. Rather him than me....LOL! He's so good as stuff like this, he'll make a great engineer....


I'd like to ask you to pray for this little guy named Stellan. He's been through quite a lot in his short little life. To make a long story short, he was diagnosed with heart failure while in utero, doctors were not sure he would even survive. He did, was born full term and appeared to have been healed fully. The poor little guy was admitted to the hospital three days ago with a heart rate close to 300 beats per minute, and has been going in and out of SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) since then. If you click on the picture, it will take you to his mama's blog, which explains his condition in detail. I don't know any of the family, have just been following her blog since she was pregnant, but have come to feel as though I know them through her posts. Your prayers would be appreciated by them, I'm sure. Thanks!

Prayers for Stellan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to say i am a little (lot) jealous of that lunch yesterday. it looks super yummy.

Anonymous said...

oh! and i think i have a great idea: do a stellan picture on the nittany lion! maybe we can make it happen this weekend!!!

Michele said...

Great idea, Alyssa, about the Stellan pic by the lion! Don't know that I've seen one there yet!