Saturday, October 25, 2008

Merry Christmas?

Kurt leaves for India tomorrow for a week. We only have our old luggage from before we were married and you know how now they have that neat stuff on wheels. His most recent trips have been short ones and we do have one piece of luggage on wheels, but it's not very big. So I had this great idea to get him rolling luggage for Christmas. I had a 30% off coupon for Kohl's earlier this month that I used to purchase two pieces of Samsonite luggage. Adam helped me hide both in the basement.

Kurt came home from work on Thursday with a piece of luggage that he bought at Ollie's! I almost died! I didn't know what to do. As I spent the next day debating what I should do, he decided the piece he got at Ollie's wasn't even gonna be big enough and he would probably have to use Alyssa's. It was at that point, that I figured I should probably just give him the pieces I got him for Christmas. When I told Adam, he agreed.

So I gave him one of our picture Christmas cards from last year, and as he was opening it, Adam walked in with the luggage. He is very pleased with it and is not upset at all that he needs to return the other suitcase.


Now what the heck do I get him for Christmas?!?!?! Darn!!!

4 comments:

Karen Petersen Pasquel said...

Tonight we were grocery shopping and there was Christmas stuff out I couldn't believe it, but your early Christmas is completely understandable...as for a holiday gift.....I remember he was always a fan of Michael Card-is he on tour or does he have anything new out? I think tix to a concert would be so cool.

Karen Petersen Pasquel said...

OK I googled it & came up with:

http://www.michaelcard.com/

He does have a new cd which came out in April called "Hymns" does he have that yet?

Michele said...

He actually doesn't have that CD...and Michael Card doesn't sell his music at stores any longer. You need to get them on his web site. Thanks for the idea!

Jamie said...

maybe just make his favorite meal, considering he already got a gift...and since from what i hear kurt is very...um...careful about spending, he might appreciate it =)