Monday, January 15, 2007

Uberly Proud

This evening from 5-8 p.m. the Friendly's Restaurant on MacArthur Rd. in Whitehall donated 10% of all their profits to Northampton High School's Big-N-Band to help defray the cost of the April trip to Disney World in Orlando, FL. Alyssa and a few friends had made plans to meet there for dinner tonite to support the fundraiser. Til it was all said and done, only Alyssa and her friend Karlie were going to be able to go. They planned on meeting there at 5:30 p.m.

Alyssa called me at about 5:15 p.m., which concerned me, because I knew she should have been on her way to Friendly's. That meant she was either calling me while she was driving (which she knows she's not to do...) or she had pulled off the road to make the call.

Here she said she got about five miles from home and realized that it was fairly foggy and was afraid it would worsen by the time she would be leaving Friendly's. She decided it would be best to just come back home and not chance it. She called me when she got home to let me know what she had decided. I praised her for making the decision that she did. I know she was excited about going...she could have just continued on and just chanced it.

So instead of having a Happy Ending sundae, she had lite Polska Kielbasa and macaroni and cheese (from the box)! Just that in itself would have made me keep driving....LOL!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

good thinking alyssa!

p.s.i just can't shake the feeling she is gonna go "girls gone wild" when she gets to college

J/K

seriously, alyssa rocks!