Monday, May 26, 2008

On Strawberries

When you're a blogger, you look for anything and everything to blog about. Today's subject is strawberries! I'm making strawberry shortcake for dessert tonite and found these gigantic strawberries at Redner's last night. My concern with nice big looking ones is that they look delicious, but sometimes taste like nothing. These were winners on both accounts! You can see how I usually slice my strawberries, but these were soooo big they didn't fit in the egg slicer!





4 comments:

Jamie said...

that's a good use for an egg slicer! and nice tupperware btw!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! I have to try that!

Sue said...

I never thought of using an egg slicer to slice my strawberries, good idea! I also like your cutting board, I got the same one. Good ol' dollar stores, LOL.

Michele, your egg slicer, is it a Pampered Chef one?

Also, I wanted to ask you what brand of camera do you use that is small enough to fit in your purse? I want to get my very own little digital camera that I can use for my blogging and personal use. The one we use is to big to carry in my purse, it is a Cannon Power Shot. Also, where did you get it? It sure does take beautiful pictures.

Michele said...

Yes, that's a Pampered Chef egg slicer. I probably use it more for slicing strawberries and mushrooms than I do slicing eggs...LOL!!

I think I'm good right now on Pampered Chef products, not sure what I would need at the moment, but thanks anyway!

My camera is a Canon Powershot SD600 and is 3.4 x 2.1 inches. It may be a bit pricier than what you would be looking for, though. We bought Alyssa a nice pink Casio Exilim 7.2 megapixel camera for her birthday a year ago and that was more reasonably priced. It's 3.7 x 2.5 inches.