Monday, May 26, 2008

Iced Tea

Many of us have those wonderful iced tea brewing machines; for years, that was what I used to make my iced tea. Lipton came out with a much easier way a couple of years ago, and it's a whole lot easier than the process of brewing tea with the iced tea maker. As seen below, put cold water in a pitcher (I love my pampered chef one), add three big iced tea bags, let steep for about 10-15 minutes, take out tea bags, and there you have it....ICED TEA! I leave the tea plain, and serve lemon wedges and sweet-n-low/sugar on the side, so people can make their tea any way they choose. It's so fast and easy....anyone can do it!




Oh, and p.s....here's my new toaster oven:

3 comments:

Jamie said...

teabags? who uses teabags anymore...


hehe

Sue said...

I use tea bags! I make mine in the microwave. I take a pyrex dish add water and 5 tea bags and heat for 5 minutes and add it to my pitcher with 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice (optional). My picther is from my old Lipton Ice Tea Brewer, LOL. Got rid of the brewer and kept the pitchers, HA Ha.

I too love my Pampered Chef pitcher. I love it so much that I am going to get the large one.

Michele, if you're interested I have a Pampered Chef Catalog sitting on my desk, trying to decide if I should have a book show or not. Would you want anything? I also have to let Jamie know, because I know she loves Pampered Chef products too. They are hers and my daughter-in-law's Christmas Presents this year. SHHHH, don't tell her, LOL. YES, I already started my Christmas shopping for the big people to get them out of the way.

ADP said...

I just put regular tea bags in a pitcher and put it outside to sit in the sun.....makes tea the easy way. Then you bring it in and put in the refridgerator to cool down.