Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

If you read one of my previous posts, I kind of bought my own birthday present this year....a Kindle! I have had it for about three weeks and love it! I have only bought one book at the moment, as I am trying to finish a 'real' book before I start doing my reading on the Kindle. You can read samples of books, which downloads two chapters onto the Kindle, and then at the end of the last chapter, it gives you the choice to buy the book if you want. Now what other books can you do that on?!?!? I also downloaded a trial blog subscription, which you can try free for 14 days. In addition, I downloaded Amazon's daily blog, which is free. I ended up cancelling both of them, because I found myself only reading them and was afraid I wouldn't end up reading the books on the wireless reader.

Today I was showing the Kindle to my office manager and the doc who was in the office must have been eavesdropping, because he asked me to show it to him, that he's been debating whether to get one for his wife or not!

In addition to my Kindle, I received a beautiful basket of flowers today from Kurt. I love getting flowers at work! Aren't they just beautiful?!?!?


Now off to Red Lobster for a birthday dinner with Kurt and the kids.....

Three hours later....
We no sooner sat down at Red Lobster when I looked up and saw the couple who introduced Kurt and I about 25 years ago walk in to eat with their two kids. I was like, "Kurt, there's Lynn and Al! I wonder what they are doing here?!?!" As I was saying that, I remembered that today is Lynn's birthday, too!! Here they had chosen to eat at Red Lobster to celebrate her birthday, too. I worked with Lynn in the ICU many years ago, and Kurt worked (and still works) with Al at his office. Lynn proudly tells people how she played matchmaker for several couples back in the '80's. We were one of those couples and actually survived that blind date!! Even though Kurt sees Al almost on a daily basis, I haven't seen Lynn in probably 5-6 years.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Michele, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your flowers are beautiful.

I just saw your date and your birthday is the same day as my doggie from hell, Dutchess II. She turned 1 year old. I can believe it was a year yesterday that we had to put our first Dutchess down. Time goes too fast!