Wednesday, April 02, 2008

He Did It

Adam passed his driver's test this morning! Woo Hoo! (I think.....LOL!) He was told by the gentleman who tested him that he didn't have his hands in the correct position to be rounding corners; he had them at like 1:00 and 7:00 and also suggested that even though the speed limit on the road he was on was 40 mph and that was what he was going, he should have been going a bit slower. (Not sure what that was all about.....) Either way, he passed him! He apparently did a flawless job with his parallel parking.

So now the discussions begin....is he gonna be allowed to drive to school? Adam wants to drive every day, Kurt doesn't want him to drive any day! My suggestion is that we meet half way in the middle: we let him drive two days per week. Kurt's argument tonite at the dinner table was that Alyssa began driving to school the spring of her junior year in high school, so that's when Adam should be allowed to drive to school (he's only a sophomore). It's not Adam's fault that we had him when we had him...he shouldn't be penalized that he was born in September and she was born in August! She didn't get her permit until the beginning of her junior year; with his birthday in September, he got his the beginning of his sophomore year. I'll serve as Adam's advocate on this one!!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

good job adam!!

Anonymous said...

i say adam gets a job and can pay for his own gas and drive whenever he wants...=P

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions to Adam!!! Now you will have double worries.

I am so relieved every day when Matt calls to tell me he got to school. There is peace of mind in knowing he got there safely. I have a few more years until I have to add another worry to my life!

Oh and by the way, the calendar is passing much too quickly all of a sudden. Matt will be at Central Penn exactly three months from next Monday. Ahhh!!!!

Michele said...

Gail, you remember how I was when it was getting closer to Alyssa leaving? Let me tell you, it was not easy by any means, and it's still tough leaving every time I drop her off, but it gets a teeny bit easier each time. I can not believe how quickly this year has flown by! She has finals in a month and will soon be a sophomore in college!! So take solace in knowing that it will get better!

And yeah, it's odd realizing that I have two people to worry about on the roads now! It was also a bit emotional this morning when Kurt called to say he had passed his test.....

ADP said...

Congrats to Adam and Michelle, the worries only increase. Wait till they get married haha. Then you have a son & daughter in law and then grandchildren to worry about.

Anonymous said...

So who won?

Michele said...

Well, ultimately Kurt is the one who is up with him in the mornings, so I could say he has final say. I woke up to the roar of the VW engine this AM as Adam was pulling out of the driveway, so I would say we won this one!

Anonymous said...

I like what both Gail & Alyssa stated-perhaps he could get a job and drive more often, but he should call you often letting you know how he's doing. That's responsibility with a touch of respect thrown in.
PS CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Lauren said...

WOO-HOO!!! GO, ADAM!!!