Wednesday, April 30, 2008

B-Day Gift

I've been keeping an eye on this for the last six months. It's not cheap, so I didn't think there was any chance of ever owning one. The office that Jamie and I work at is gracious enough to give everyone generous Visa gift cards for administrative professionals day, as well as Nurse's Day (that would be me...LOL!!). I still have last year's card, as well as this years. Using the two of them brought the Kindle down to a more manageable price. Kurt is always asking me for ideas for my birthday and Christmas and I often don't have any suggestions for him. I decided to be brave and email him the link to this and tell him that I would love this for my birthday. I just got done ordering it from Amazon. It's due to be delivered by Friday. My birthday's not until May, but since the one gift card is a year old, I was afraid that they would begin deducting a monthly fee starting in May, so figured it would make more sense to not lose any money on the card. Happy Birthday to me!

4 comments:

ADP said...

What exactly is it? It's nice you're getting something you really like for your birthday.

Anonymous said...

its an ipod-like gadget that you can read books on. its the size of a small/medium book and wherever you are you can buy a book on it to read.

p.s. nice job doing this post at 1:10 AM! even i was asleep then.

sajmom said...

You must post on it after you've used it! I've been curious about it too-I don't think I would like it as much as an actual book but I could be wrong.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I want to see it when you get it! Have no idea what it is! (Other then it will make your purse heavier). LMD