Saturday, April 26, 2008

Etc.

It's been about a week, not much new to say, but a few things do come to mind.
*Adam just finished putting his engine back in the VW. Something about oil leaking out and ordering a new carburetor. They had to order parts that took a week and a half to come. He came in the house tonight and looked like one big grease monkey after having worked on his car all day.

*When we were at the bell festival a few weeks ago, I saw how some of the choirs had pencil cases in each of their music notebooks, which I thought was a neat idea. We currently have a coffee can with pencils and a few highlighters in it. I got the crazy idea to pick up 8 pencil cases at Walmart the other day, then today filled them with pencils, erasers, a highlighter, a pen and some reinforcements.



*I can't believe there's less than two weeks til Alyssa comes home. This freshman year just flew right by! Soon we'll have a college sophomore! This semester was a bit more challenging than her last one, and I don't expect we'll see Dean's List this time, which is fine, as long as we know she is doing her best. Kurt and Adam will be going to pick her up on Friday, May 9th. I think Adam feels a cold coming on....LOL ('cuz he'll have to skip school)!! I'll stay home and hold down the fort at work!

*Kurt is beating himself up right now as I write this; he just accidentally erased everything on the hard drive on his DVR. He lost over 100 shows (combination of car shows, car races, religious shows, etc). He was trying to figure out how to record something on a disk (I think so he could take it to church tomorrow and show it during his Sunday School class), and said yes to something he should not have said yes to! I haven't seen him this upset with himself in a long time. (I am just very thankful that it wasn't Adam that did it!)


Frodo chillin' out



Two sunset shots taken on my way home from work Friday night

1 comment:

Jamie said...

those pencil cases are really handy! thanks!