Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tidbits

+ Alyssa did it a bit backwards, but got to go to the game two Saturdays ago, and this past weekend, she got to taste a bit of the tailgating that goes on prior to a game. Her former babysitter (I feel sooo old saying this...LOL!) and her husband were up at the game yesterday and hooked up with Alyssa and let her tag along with them as they tailgated. Seems like most of her friends all have tickets to the home games; Megan told her to bring a friend along, but she couldn't really find anyone to go along with her; they were all already there tailgating at their own parties!

+ Adam is tooling along with his driving. Today we took a road trip to Fogelsville; he drove Kurt's manual Audi. The ride down was a bit nerve wracking, but he did much better on the trip home. He's a little too big for his britches (and not just literally...) for my liking....he takes those curves much faster than I would prefer!

+The following picture was scrolling with the announcements today at church. Pastor B. was kind enough to email it to me since I missed it during the announcements. Someone came up to me after church and said they were glad to know that Adam was a genius. I had no clue what she was talking about. Once I saw the picture, it all became clear to me! Pastor B. got a kick out of the engineer's son holding the picture of the house upside down!! I told him that just proves that he has some of his mother's genes, too!!


+ I'm so excited; we are going to State College this coming weekend! I can't wait to see Alyssa; I miss her sooo much! Today was the first time the teen choir sang since she's gone....a few tears managed to escape! We're leaving after school on Friday, then doing Adam's belated birthday dinner at Red Lobster. I'm not sure what Saturday's gonna bring, I'm sure Kurt and Adam don't want to go shopping all day, which is what Alyssa and I would be doing if it were just her and me! We may take a road trip some where to see the fall foliage (Hopefully there IS some fall foliage by then...LOL!!).

+ Last, but not least, for those of you commenters to this lovely blog: Alyssa is quite distressed that no one's been commenting. I think this provides a bit of a connection to home and she loves to hear from others. So get on the stick guys...LOL!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see....I have to get on the stick! With any luck, I 'll finally get my car back later this week. Matt has joined the band homecoming float consruction committee...just to get out of class, of course! He has decided to go to Central Pennsylvania College (at this moment) and has been accepted. We will be taking him to Discovery Day on Nov. 6th. He will attend classes, eat lunch in the cafe, and tour the very small campus with a student in his major.....Information Technology/Cyber Security. Jacob has been accepted by People to People to go to England and France next summer for 19 days. It will be a strange summer. Matt will leave around July 7 for Central Penn and Jacob will leave at the end of June or beginning of July. How's that Alyssa?

Anonymous said...

wowzers, thats great! tell matt and jacob congrats!

Anonymous said...

I comment when I can :)