Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Yummy Recipe

Disclaimer: Contains pecans
People love this snack everywhere I take it! I have people coming up to me telling me how yummy it is. Please give it a try...it's not difficult to make...


Crispix Mix

12 oz. Crispix
4 cups miniature pretzels
1 lb. pecan halves
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light karo syrup
1 tsp. vanilla


Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Use large disposable aluminum foil pan and spray completely with Pam.

In pan, mix pretzels, nuts and cereal.

In saucepan, put butter, brown sugar and karo syrup. Cook for five minutes, but DO NOT STIR. (I have no idea why that is, and if any of you can tell me why, I'd love to know...LOL! I'll tell you I have cheated and stirred it slightly and it's turned out just fine!)

Remove butter/brn sugar/karo syrup combo from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over mixture in pan and mix well with large metal spoon. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

Delicious!

No comments: