Saturday, December 30, 2006

Thank Goodness

My new Dell power adaptor arrived on Wednesday while I was at work. They sent a big empty box along with it, just in case the computer still didn't work and needed to be returned (not a good sign....). The adaptor worked, but when I turned the computer on, there was a blue screen telling me that windows had been shut down, with instructions as to what to do to try and recover. Nothing seemed to work, I couldn't get rid of the blue screen.

Well, what good luck....Renee knows computers!! I asked her about it; she said in the business they call that blue screen, 'the screen of death!!' Well, wasn't I just thrilled!!

She clicked on an option that I was afraid to click on and fortunately, everything came back! I have my computer back....YIPPEE!!

Finally, I am still learning how to operate my new digital camera. I downloaded the software last night in order to be able to download the pictures from the camera. My old camera was also a Canon, so I was hoping I could just use that software to download the pictures, but it didn't seem to work. Plus this new software has more things you can do with the pictures, like make panoramic pictures, get rid of red-eye, and add text to the pictures.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

u have bad luck with computers! glad it worked out tho