Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas, Etc....

A Merry Christmas to all my readers...I hope you all have a blessed one and a healthy and happy New Year. Just a few thoughts:

+ Alyssa is supposed to have her wisdom teeth out on Wednesday. I don't know if it's gonna happen or not. She has a miserable cold. I need to make a decision by tomorrow. I'm thinking that unless she has a miraculous recovery overnight, we'll be postponing the surgery.

+ This was the first year that Kurt and I were the first ones up on Christmas morning. And that wasn't until almost nine o'clock!! We had to even rush to be able to leave for church on time. Adam had it all planned out last night...we would get up by 7, open our gifts and be ready to leave for church on time. Ha! He was the last one to get up!!

+ Alyssa had a solo today during the service at church. I felt bad for her having this nasty cold. I think she did a wonderful job under the circumstances. She didn't feel quite the same way, however. She thought she did a terrible job.

+ We had a wonderful time at Chris and Fiona's house this evening. She served a delicious Christmas meal! It was just us, Kurt's parents and Chris, Fiona and their boys.

+ My living room is a MESS!! There are opened Christmas presents everywhere and empty boxes laying all over the place. I told everyone it needs to be cleaned up tomorrow while I am at work. We'll see how that goes....LOL!

+ It's been years since I have worked the day after Christmas. I'm not looking forward to it, but I am glad I don't have to be at work at 7, like I had to do when I still worked at the hospital. 9 o'clock is just fine, thank you very much...LOL!!

+ I'm off to bed...g'nite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Alyssa! About 7 years ago I had my first two wisdom teeth out and it was no big deal. I took tylenol that night and was fine. A few months ago I had three more extracted (I had an extra one to begin with) and WOW! Excrutiating (however you spell it, it hurt!) I had weeks of pain! I guess it all depends on how the teeth are positioned and the skill of the dentist. Whenever she has it done, I hope it goes well!