Saturday, June 01, 2013

Schtuff

I do NOT have a green thumb.  Actually it's brown ;-)  So when there are flowers on my property, that's big news!

This is my one hanging basket I get every year.  It's a portulaca and it's the one plant I was assured will not care when I forget to water it.  And believe me, I forget to water it.  And it still has flowers on it :)


This is one of our peony plants that we planted last year.  Both plants have a ton of buds on them!  And a ton of ants....


Not sure what this is called, but it's a type of ground cover.  We just planted it last year and I can't believe how its really grown in just one year.


This is my new 'succulent' plant I picked up at Wegman's the other day.  We'll see how this goes.  I may be ok, cuz it says to let the soil dry before watering it.  That won't be a problem!


These are the ingredients for more pico de gallo :-)  And can I tell you, that when they suggest you use gloves when working with jalapeno peppers, you follow that suggestion!


And this was our delicious supper tonight.  I marinated the steaks all day in my own secret recipe.  Well, it's not so secret, I'll share ;-)


Michele's Magnificient Marinade
1 bottle zesty italian salad dressing
1 packet Good Season's powder zesty italian salad dressing
1 packet Lipton Onion mix
~ 1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
~ 1 Tbsp Nature's Seasoning

I like to marinate my steaks or chicken at least 4 hours, if not even longer.  Today's steaks marinated ~ 7 hours.

No comments: