Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pico de Gallo



Our niece, Kim, made this yummy recipe this past weekend (more on the weekend later!). When we got home, I immediately got the ingredients and made it for Memorial Day. I'm still enjoying it! The only problem I had was that Wegman's didn't have jalapeno peppers (go figure!) for some reason. I decided to use a different hot pepper (Hungarian...said it's supposed to be moderately hot). I tasted a teeny piece while I was chopping it and found it be at least moderately hot, if not hotter!  But when I mixed it in with the other ingredients, it didn't really give the recipe any spiciness.  So last night, I sprinkled in some of my favorite seasoning (introduced to us by our other niece, Karlyn!). That made it just perfect!!


2 medium tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup diced Spanish onion
2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and de-ribbed
2 teaspoons finely minced fresh cilantro
Pinch of salt

Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.  Cover and chill. 

Thanks for sharing, Kim!!



No comments: