Sunday, June 09, 2013

Peach Cobbler

Found this recipe on someone's FB. Seemed easy enough. Threw it together today. Tasted good.



2 regular sized cans sliced peaches with syrup (or one huge can)
1 Jiffy mix yellow cake mix (this is a single layer cake mix)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
1/2 stick butter

Put peaches w/ syrup on bottom of 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle cake mix over top.  Sprinkle cinnamon over top.  (I also sprinkled a small amount of brown sugar over top of cinnamon).  Dot top with butter.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream on top :)

(I couldn't find the Jiffy cake mix at Wegman's yesterday.  They only had the corn muffin mix.  I bought a regular size yellow cake mix, figuring I'd just use half the box.  Last night Alyssa and I went to Walmart and I found the Jiffy mix.)

We also found this at Walmart.  I'd looked at both Wegman's and Giant.  Neither of them had it.  I almost ordered it from Amazon.  Thank goodness I waited to see if Walmart had it (at Karlyn's suggestion)!  This cost $2.42 at Walmart.  Amazon's price was $7.08!!!!  Plus S&H!!!!  Crazy!


No comments: