Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mish Mosh

We went to Cafe del Mar in Belfast(PA) last evening for my birthday dinner. A few weeks ago I purchased a BOGO $25 gift certificate from one of the local radio stations. I bought a $25 gift certificate and got one free, thus, in essence, we got $25 off our meal. It is a Mediterranean restaurant, but not many of the dishes had a Mediterranean flair to them. We all, however, enjoyed our choices.

Alyssa's linguine with white clam sauce

My filet oscar

Kurt's Jail Island Salmon

Adam's linguine with red clam sauce

Getting ready to dig in!



Cloud pics with my new camera




Storm pics from yesterday




Hit by lightening yesterday :(
This house was near a friend's house from church in a brand new development
Devastating....


7 comments:

sajmom said...

You are far braver than I am! I don't think I'd be able to take pictures in a restaurant (unless it was brightly lit so the flash woudn't go off or if there was no one else there). I'll often bring my camera somewhere and then feel too funny to use it. I am known for taking pictures everywhere though!

alyssa said...

at the top of your post you said we basically got $25 off of our meal, but really it's $50 off...you should change that.

Michele said...

Fortunately.....YOU are NOT a math major dear...LOL!! (she says facetiously) I wrote a check out for $25 several weeks ago and got TWO $25 gift certificates for this restaurant. That totals $50. Which in turn means I paid $25 for $50 worth of gift certificates. So ultimately we only got $25 off our meal on Saturday, because several weeks ago, I did have to put out the original $25. Got it?!?!?!?

Karen Petersen Pasquel said...

The house looks so sad, I hope the family OK -no one is hurt?

alyssa said...

an hour before it happened they were all sitting in the family room (which i guess is where the lightening struck), but they left before it struck. there were two cats inside, so they don't know if they got out or not. but everything, cars, clothes, EVERYTHING is gone. i can't even imagine...

Jamie said...

that house fire is absolutely devastating. so many memories lost...makes you think about what you have in your own house.

lol...notice alyssa ignored the math major comment =)

steph...you should take pics even in those weird places! it's neat the conversations that pick up because of it, especially when you tell them you have a "blog to support!" LOL

michele...i don't know if its the new camera or not, but those cloud pics are beautiful!

Karen Petersen Pasquel said...

This house was owned by some friends of 2 teachers I work with-they are trying to raise funds here for them.