Saturday, January 24, 2009

Last Minute's Best Sometimes

Kurt and I came home from dinner last evening around 9:15 pm and I have no idea what possessed me, but I saw Alyssa's name on my buddy list on the computer and it immediately popped into my head, "I wanna go to Penn State for the day tomorrow!" I said that out loud and Kurt looked at me with his usual, "What...are you nuts?!!?" kind of look. That just motivated me more! I proceeded to communicate back and forth with Adam to see if he and Erika wanted to come along; til it was all said and done, and about 10:45 pm, I was IM'ing Alyssa to see if she wanted company for the day. She's alone this weekend, as Sarah is actually here in the Lehigh Valley, canning (collecting donations) for 'Thon (which for those of you who don't know, is the huge dance marathon fundraiser for pediatric cancer). So if you see any Penn Stater's this weekend in and around the valley, ask if they are Alyssa's roommate...LOL!!

So we're off in a few minutes...watch for pics soon!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet she was glad that you guys went up to visit. I am due one of these weekends very soon.

Karen Petersen Pasquel said...

I did see PS's collecting at Walmart, but all I thought was-they better be careful, someone's going to hit them. At the time I didn't know her roomie was collecting, sorry! We were not stopped so we didn't get asked to donate-I did donate to a woman's shelter collecting at sam's club!

Anonymous said...

She ended up being at the Home Depot on Macarthur Rd, Bonton somewhere, and at the intersection of Tighlman and Cedar Crest, so the people you saw were not Sarah, so don't feel bad! haha