Monday, February 25, 2008

My Buddy George

I have had a George Foreman grill for quite a few years, but have rarely used it. It works wonderfully to grill foods, it's just a pain in the butt to clean! It can't be submersed, so you have to clean both the top and bottom panels without putting it in nice hot soapy water. It's big and awkward and just a pain to clean. Well, I was excited to see that he now makes a grill with removable plates. I was perusing the Kohl's ad over the Valentine's Day weekend and they had them on sale for $70 (originally $100). In addition, I had a 20% off coupon (thanks, Martha!), which brought it down to $56....couldn't beat that!

I used it for the first time yesterday afternoon to make steaks and used it again this evening to grill wraps. It was a cinch to clean, especially when I also learned George also now sells a two sided sponge that is specially grooved to clean his grill. One side is a regular grooved sponge and the other is a grooved scouring pad (see pic).

I'm looking forward to using the grill more often to make chicken, burgers, pork chops, etc. So if you know anyone who is looking for a used George Foreman grill WITHOUT removable plates, let me know....they can have it!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see you made four steaks...missing someone,eh?

Michele said...

Well, no not really. Since one of those steaks is about one bite for your brother, I figured he and dad could share the fourth one!

Plus it came in a pack of four.....

If you feel the need to think I got it in honor/memory of you, please feel free....lol!!