Friday, February 29, 2008

It's Not Taco Bell, But.....



Another recipe I made from my Taste of Home Simple & Delicious magazine. It's called Chicken Tortilla Bake. It was fairly quick to put together. I didn't start making it until after 6 and we were done eating and I had the dishes done by 8. It's layers of refried beans/diced tomatoes with green chilies, mexican corn, chicken, shredded cheese, and tortilla strips. It is made in an 11x7 pan and was plenty for the three of us. I even had enough leftovers for two for Sunday lunch. We all enjoyed it and I will probably make it again.

3 comments:

ADP said...

That looks interesting Michelle. Did you cut those strips yourself from tortilla shells? I like the idea too except I'd have to leave the cheese out. But I bet Dave would enjoy it too as long as it wasn't too hot.

Michele said...

Yeah, it was just a pack of eight tortilla shells and I cut them in strips. Pretty easy....

Michele said...

Oh, and it wasn't spicy at all. I would have preferred if it were! I could have gotten the diced tomatoes with the jalapenos in them, as opposed to the mild chiles, but wasn't sure how Kurt and Adam would like it (more so Adam than Kurt...).