Tuesday, September 18, 2007

WOF

This past Friday and Saturday, I joined 19,000 of my closest women friends at the Amazing Freedom Conference at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. It was a time for prayer, singing, praising God, learning and laughing.

We listened to:



Sandi Patty - What an amazing voice this woman has! She brings tears to your eyes with her music...












Nichole Nordeman - She's won several Christian music awards. Don't tell Alyssa, but I got her another CD!








Mandisa - This young Christian woman was a contestant on one of the recent American Idol contests. She was voted off when there were about eight contestants left. After hearing her voice, I just can't even imagine how she didn't win! She is phenomenal.









Carol Kent - What a story this woman has. Her upstanding Navy Seal son is serving a lifetime sentence without hopes of parole for murdering his wife's ex-husband, who had been threatening his ex-wife and two little children. She and her husband have relocated to Florida where he is serving his sentence, so they can visit him every Sunday. They now spread the Word to the inmates and families where their son is incarcerated.







Then, of course, there were the usual Women of Faith speakers. As always, it was a phenomenal conference!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE SANDI PATTY!!!!!!!!

sajmom said...

I didn't know Sandi Patty was still singing-I used to listen to her when I was a kid. My and my sister used to do dishes while listening to that ancient device, a cassette tape, of either Sandi Patty or Amy Grant.