Sunday, September 30, 2007

B-Day Boy

Today is Adam's 16th birthday! It's hard for me to believe...I had a tough time when Alyssa turned 16; now our youngest is that age! Guess it's time for another (NOT)!! He definitely decided he wanted to wait to do his birthday dinner until mid-October when we see Alyssa (that just makes my heart melt...LOL!!). I figured the least we could do was take him out to lunch. We dined at Paolo's in Northampton; if you've never been there, you don't know what you're missing!

Last year, I had promised him that he could ask 3-4 friends to join him at Great Wolf Lodge for his 16th birthday. It's a really neat hotel that has an indoor water park, but it's not cheap! He recently changed his mind and decided he would rather have an Ipod for his birthday instead of the party at the GWL. Kurt and I decided the Ipod would be cheaper by far; thus he got his Ipod today.

He has one last surprise waiting for him yet today. He's currently at Youth Group at church and they are going to celebrate his birthday at my request. I picked up an ice cream cake from Carvel yesterday and got some balloons, drinks and pretzels. The youth advisors agreed to pull it off for me...hopefully there will be some pics from that yet.

Happy Birthday Adam! We Love You!!




Gift from Alyssa (Yeah...yuck!!)



5 comments:

Jamie said...

1. happy bday!!

2. is that cat food?!?!?!? (the thing with the candle)

3. is there some sort of story behind the gummy bacon?

Michele said...

I'll have you know that is swiss chocolate flan....and was a mere $5.45! Cat food.....ha.....

Jamie said...

ok but surely you see the similarities...

Michele said...

Maybe Alyssa could comment on the bacon?!?!? I have no clue.....

Anonymous said...

idk...i just saw it in the store and thought of adam...and jsyk, the link to the great wolf lodge doesnt work bc when u click on it two "http://"s come up...whatevs