Monday, September 10, 2007

Thankful

* So I get frustrated with Kurt because he always feels the need to fix anything by himself that's not working...or if something needs to be built or re-done, he always wants to do it himself. His main reason for doing this is to save money. I can see his point most times, but sometimes I feel as though it would get done quicker if we hired some outside help (I've been hearing about a deck for years now...LOL!!). Our central air quit over Labor Day Weekend. I probably would have made a phone call right away; he, however, chose to investigate and found something wrong with the fan down in the basement. He was able to fix it in about two hours and probably saved us hundreds of dollars in labor. Thanks, Kurt....love ya!!

* I was kind of not looking forward to bells this year without having Alyssa there. It didn't seem like it was gonna be the same without her. And it's not the same, but on a bright note, Jamie has joined our choir! She's so excited about practice every week, and it's so nice having her there! We've even turned a couple of Monday nights into 'girl's night'...she came over early one night and we played Scrabble before practice, another evening we went out to eat prior to bells. Tonite Kurt wanted to know why I was home before bells....said, "I thought Monday nights were 'Jamie nights', where you play games, or go out to eat, or do male bashing." I assured him that we do the male bashing during the day at work, and that by the end of the day, we have pretty much covered everything!!

* This doesn't necessarily fit into the Thankful realm, but I watched Adam rip the pockets off on two pair of cargo shorts he got tonite at KMart. Other than gym type shorts, or jean shorts, it's tough to find shorts that aren't cargo shorts. As of the start of this new school year, the high school students aren't allowed to wear cargo pants or shorts. This will prevent students from bringing their weapons into school. So, yes, I guess I am thankful that my son is now safer.....

2 comments:

sajmom said...

Geez, I don't visit here for a while and now there are about a million posts! You've been busy!

sajmom said...

PS. If you ever need help fixing things I can recommend a good contractor! : )