Saturday, February 17, 2007

Nostalgia

I was cleaning some stuff out this AM and came across my nursing school cap. It's been years since I wore it. I actually have three of them, two of them are totally yellowed! As students, we were so proud of our caps...in fact, that was actually one thing that I looked at when I was deciding where I wanted to go to nursing school.

And my pin...I wore it every day on my jacket, til one day I looked down and it was missing. I was devastated. I wasn't sure where I lost it, I wasn't sure when I lost it. We searched high and low and never found it. About three months after having lost it, and thinking I'd never see it again, a housekeeper came out of ICU Room #13 with it in her hands asking if anyone had lost their nursing school pin! I couldn't believe it! Since then, it has resided in my jewelry box!


I believe the pins only cost about $7, so I could have easily had it replaced, but it just wouldn't have been the same. There was a lot of hard work that went into earning it...

5 comments:

sajmom said...

Was Allentown Hospital the one on 17th & Chew?

Michele said...

Yep, one and the same. The school of nursing was right across the street from the hospital...in fact the building is still there, but it is used for offices now. Unfortunately they graduated the last class there in 1988. Closing the diploma program was the worst decision they ever made.

Jamie said...

i love the hat :-)

Jamie said...

correction: i love the CAP :-)

Jamie said...

you should have a label for you...just a thought