Wednesday, May 17, 2006

By Popular Request....Fun Facts about Michele

*I was adopted by my dad at the age of 6. He is Puerto Rican. I told the judge at the adoption hearing that I was now a Pennsylvania Dutch spic!
*I have a step-brother (Diggy) who is my age and a step-sister (Elyxvette...also known as Betty) who is three years older than me. I have not seen them in over ten years. Don't ask where the names came from please!!
*I prepared and gave a sermon once in church for youth group when I was growing up
.
*I want Taylor to win American Idol!

*I have been volunteering at my kids' old elementary school for eleven years and have loved every minute of it!
*My favorite soda is Diet Pepsi Twist, although I'm renewing my friendship with Fresca!

*My favorite books are ones that have a medical suspense twist to them.
*I figured out how to change colors and fonts on my posts (all on my own, Jamie...LOL!)

*I just LOVE Richard Gere...he's gorgeous...there's that gray hair thing again!

*My starting salary at Allentown Hospital when I graduated in 1980, was $5.92/hour!

*My dream vacation would be to go to Australia.

*I was the official book keeper for the girls Varsity basketball team when I was in high school. I graduated from Williams Valley High School.

*When I worked nights at Allentown Hospital, a group of us used to go to Stahley's Bar in the morning after work to have pizza omelets and drink beer!

*I have worked in general ICU, the open heart unit, home care, dialysis and most recently an office, in my 26 year nursing career.

*We went to Acapulco, Mexico for our honeymoon.

*I have lived in Nazareth, Wind Gap, Tremont, Tower City, Allentown, Emmaus, Lehighton and my current abode.

*I bought a brand new mobile home in August of 1983, started dating Kurt in December of 1983, got engaged in June of 1984 and married in October of 1984. I lived in my beautiful brand new mobile home for less than a year...it took us almost three years to sell it...LOL!!!

*My favorite Disney movie is Lion King.

*I can't STAND country music!

*Never open your car door when you are in the car wash.....
*I knew I wanted to be a nurse since I was a little girl.
*My favorite subject in school was Health.
*I love vacationing in the New England states. We used to vacation in Maine yearly when I was growing up.
*I just passed my CPR renewal today...good for another two years...yippee!!
*My brain is fried...can't think of anything else right now....LOL!!
*Good-bye!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

oh so much to say!...

first...congrats on the cpr renewal, i guess you can stay at nhalv

second...beer and eggs, bleh!

third...you were goofy alread at age 6

fourth...i thought your favorite drink was orange juice in a pepsi twist bottle

fifth...richard gere is a hotty

sixth...you should see lion king on broadway (good luck getting tickets)

Anonymous said...

Best one yet! Very interesting! I love medical thrillers too, but need to find some new authors since I've read so many. Kudos on New England-Love those White Mountains-NH that is! FRESCA-could drink it ALL DAY! Hmmm 1983 High School Freshman year for me! Gotta Love Those 80's tho-I think I even saw Madonna in 83-why yes I did!