Saturday, April 04, 2009

Donate Life!


I attended a transplant conference at Lehigh Valley Hospital on Friday. They had very informative topics, all of which had something that applied to my practice in the office. Our transplant patients are the most favorite part of my job. The majority of them are very appreciative of the gift they have been given, be it from a deceased or living donor. The topics presented yesterday included pregnancy in transplant, tissue typing, disease transmission in transplant, gastric bypass in the chronic kidney disease patient preparing for transplant, and my most favorite....a panel of patients who received transplants talked about their experiences. I'm not sure there was a dry eye in the crowd after they were done.

I don't know the story about this quilt, other than I heard one of the staff of the transplant team mention that it was opened to any of the patients to make their own block. One of them was made by one of our office patients! I think it is just beautiful and a wonderful tribute to both the patients and transplant team staff.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

thats really pretty! i wonder if it was green for st. patty's day or b/c the donate life bracelets are green...