Saturday, February 28, 2009

BBQ Hot Dogs

One of our favorite meals

1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
5 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. mustard
4 tsp. worchestershire sauce

Mix together (I often put in a container with a lid and just shake it!). I often double this part of the recipe. This particular time I was making it for the rockathon and had 30 hot dogs, thus actually tripled it.

Put hot dogs in a baking dish


Cover with sliced onions (as little or as much as you'd like)


Pour sauce on top


Bake, covered, for about an hour at 350 degrees


We eat them in rolls, with lots of sauce, onions and add some mustard. Delicious!!

**I totally forgot to take a pic of the finished product in the pan or even a pic of a finished hot dog in the bun. You'll just have to take my word on how good they look and how yummy they are!**

4 comments:

Karen Petersen Pasquel said...

I've made something similar,but I've used olive oil(browning the onions with the hotdogs) salt, pepper, worcester sauce, veggies (peas, carrots, broccoli, wahtever),some garlic and a toss of egg noodles (or other pasta) during the final minutes. Ray loves it-I actually throw in my soy hot dogs at the last minute too and then it's like we're eating the same thing. We don't use rolls though-it's more like a one pot meal.

Jamie said...

i've just made this twice in the past two weeks! (giant has bogo hotdogs this week, hence the repeat!)

Jamie said...

(and i've gone on your blog each time for the recipe LOL)

Kristin D. said...

We're trying this tonight!!!! I shall take some final pictures and put them on fb for you :) Smells yummy already!!!