Saturday, August 02, 2008

Possessed For Sure

Ok, so we had our last refrigerator for, oh, say, about 19 years and it was basically an uneventful 19 years. We've had this current one about two and a half years, and I'm fairly convinced it's possessed. You remember the first incident when the glass shelf just spontaneously shattered with no warning or provocation. Tonite I go to put something on the bottom shelf and there's something sticky all over the shelf. I proceed to wearily investigate, afraid of what I'm going to find! Turns out this Pampered Chef salad dressing mixer/container, that I just had to have, that has no seal on it (like my trusty Tupperware does...LOL!), got pushed back on the shelf far enough that it hit the back wall and proceeded to fall over and spill out its contents. Now it wasn't milk, or water, or gravy, something non-sticky....nooooo....it was a raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing that was oily, sticky and purple!! It dripped down under the fruit and veggie drawers and in between the glass and plastic. It was all over the place!

Now I realize this was not the refrigerator's fault...it was our fault, but geesh...

2 comments:

Jamie said...

hey! i just hope that crazy fridge takes good care of my precious half a hogie!

Michele said...

Hey! I just hope that crazy fridge remembers to throw that precious half of hoagie out at me in the morning, so it comes to work with me...LOL!!