Saturday, August 23, 2008

Eureka!

Kurt and I checked out Oreck, Hoover and Eureka vacuum cleaners last evening. I think out of all of them Oreck was probably the superior of all of them, however....
I just couldn't bring myself to spend $300 for one. Their ad in the paper is for their classic, which was $200, but it was a very basic cleaner. It didn't have a light, had a shorter cord, a basic handle, etc. As a result, I would have preferred the upgrade, but along with a light, longer cord, ergonomic handle and a better warranty, came an extra $100 added on to the price. I knew Kurt wasn't gonna be excited about a $300 vacuum cleaner and even I couldn't bring myself to pay that price!

I've never had a Eureka, but of the ones we compared, we both preferred this one over the others. It's definitely heavier than the Oreck, and also seems heavier than my Hoover that broke. The one thing I was afraid I would miss with the Oreck was the fact that there are no attachments on their vacuums. You get a separate hand held vacuum that comes with all the attachments. This one has everything attached. Kurt put it together this morning, and we both tried it out. At first glance, I think I'll like it!



3 comments:

Karen Petersen Pasquel said...

I had a similar model (but bagless) and loved it-may you have many years of clean!

Jamie said...

aren't new household items fun!?!??!

Anonymous said...

I still like my Oreck, but you are younger and can handle a heavier and more clumsy one. Have fun with it and lots of happy cleaning.