Sunday, December 02, 2007

A First

Today our bell choir played for a wedding at our church. We have been rehearsing for it since back in August! We played two Christmas songs for the prelude music, then O Perfect Love as the mothers were entering and lighting the candles. Next, we played Pachelbel's Canon in D as the bridesmaids came down the aisle. Finally, we played Trumpet Voluntary for the bride's walk down the aisle. Unfortunately, we were all so nervous, that I don't think any of us could enjoy it! We did a wonderful job, if I must say so myself! We came early to run through the songs a couple of times....we have a theory that when we do terribly at practice, we generally do well for the performance. Let me just say we played really, really well for the performance!! That should tell you how we did at the practice before hand!! I'm afraid if word gets out, we're gonna become popular for weddings!

No comments: