Sunday, December 09, 2007

Farewell

Yesterday Kurt, Adam, my mom and I drove to my old hometown to bid farewell to our former pastor and his wife. We had been good friends with them prior to us moving away. After thirty three years, they made the decision to leave the church and will be relocating where he will serve as chaplain for an assisted living facility. Even though we no longer attend that church, it seems like it just won't be the same without them there. They were one of the few remaining ties to the community I lived in from 5th to 12th grade. I was their kids first babysitter....and now look at them! (Someone is getting old....)

From Left to Right: David, Linsy, Arthur, Lauren

It was a highly emotional day for all; it's tough to say goodbye after being at one place for that long of a time. We attended the service, which was his last, then there was a wonderful luncheon afterwards with a program to follow.

From left to right: Bev, me, Deana

There were lots of people there that I recognized, but I no longer remembered their names! Best part of all was we sat with my bestest friends when I was growing up. Bev and I were in the same grade, Deana is a year younger. They lived across the street and we did everything together! Oddly enough, Bev and I both went to nursing school after graduation.

Who's not looking at the camera now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that last picture kinda looks really awkward...it looks like the gals are looking...in a certain area...