Monday, April 23, 2007

Ramblings

*Kudos to Virginia Tech for granting posthumous degrees to all the victims of last week's tragedy. In addition, they are allowing students, if they choose, to end their semesters with their current grades without finishing the last several weeks of the year. I would expect that for some it would very difficult for them to return to the campus so soon.

*Alyssa and her friends have decided to skip the senior prom. Instead they discussed getting dressed up and going out to a nice dinner that night. I'm OK with whatever she decides to do, but I would certainly rather pay for a meal as opposed to a prom dress, accessories and ticket!

*It was a year on 4/14 that Alyssa passed her driver's test. My how that time just flew right by!

*There's only about six weeks until graduation. Speaking of time flying right by....

*After twelve years of volunteering at the kids' elementary school, I will be saying good-bye at the end of this year. I help one of the 4th grade teachers cut, staple, collate, correct tests, file, etc. every Thursday. I have really enjoyed every moment of it, but the time has come to move on. Rumor has it that I will be going to work full time this fall (on the suggestion of the other half...LOL). I have mixed feelings about that, but realize with one child in college and another one going in three years, that the extra money will certainly be beneficial.

*Did you know if you burn a CD to your computer and are online you can search for the titles of the songs and have them automatically entered into Windows Media Player?!?!? I burned about 20 CD's last night into Media Player with the eventual intent (once Adam shows me how, that is...LOL) of synching them onto Kurt's and my MP3 players. Even the older CD's and the ones that I bought from Women of Faith or Hallmark were located. How cool is that?!?!?

*For those music lovers out there, our annual Bell Concert at Church is on Sunday, May 20th at 1030. Alyssa and I are both in one of the choirs. Let me know if you are interested in more information and I can email more details to you. It will be an emotional one for me, as it will be the last one that my buddy is standing alongside me....

2 comments:

Jamie said...

you sound like kris with your "it was a year from this day..." but i have to admit it really did fly by! it seems like only weeks ago that you were telling her to call you when she left, when she took a right hand turn, and when she got there :-)

Michele said...

Just you wait.....LOL!