Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Poor Man's Sugar Cake

(AKA Coffee cake)




Some individuals (and I won't mention any names) may be interested in this recipe soon:

4 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. butter

Mix like a pie crust, using pastry blender

Add 2 cups milk

Mix well

Place in a well greased 9 x 13 pan and cover with crumbled brown sugar

Bake at 350 degrees for approx 35 mins. Cake is done when cake tester comes out clean.

(This is a doubled recipe; it can be made singled and baked in an 8 x 8 pan. Just cut the ingredients in half; I assure, though, that once you taste the cake, you'd wish you had made more...LOL!!)

It's quick, it's easy and can be whipped together at 1130 at night!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

does that mean YOU made it at 11:30 at night?!?!? does that look like your couter top????

sajmom said...

That looks really good!! You almost make me wanna work at your office just so I can sample some of the stuff you guys make! (Of course I have no clue what you do, I just know it's some type of medical office!)

sajmom said...

What is a pastry blender?

Jamie said...

mmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm

i said the same thing steph and michele showed me a picture. my mom always used one to mash potatoes so thats what i always thought it was for...just do a google search on one

Jamie said...

um, mmmmm as is the cake was good michele, thanks!