Sunday, April 15, 2007

Cookies


I generally don't make cookies other than at Christmas time, but I found a recipe in a magazine that I thought sounded really good. I've had the ingredients for several weeks, but hadn't gotten around to making them. Today seemed like the perfect day to do it. I did all my errands yesterday intentionally so I didn't have to go out today (other than church, this AM, of course) in this horrible weather. The cookies turned out pretty good...I would definitely make them again.


They're basically an oatmeal cookie, but also have dried cranberries, chopped dried apricots, coconut and toasted almonds in them. When I make them again, I plan on leaving the almonds out and possibly the coconut. None of us are nuts about coconut, so instead of packing the coconut in the 3/4 cup measure, I just left it fluffy. The almonds are pretty, and I know I'm crunching on them, but don't really taste them. What I do taste, however, is the almond extract, which I can do without, too.


You may wonder how I really like these cookies if I'm leaving half the ingredients out! I'd be very happy with an oatmeal cookie that has dried cranberries and apricots in it....and that's my goal for next time!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

LOL your like me. "um, yeah so i made this recipe, but i didnt use ____ and i left out ___" and I LOVE IT!

can't wait to taste a sample!

Jamie said...

they were delish! thanks!

sajmom said...

Almonds are really good for you though.....if you don't taste them, it might be good to leave a small amount in?